WHAT ARE BOTANICAL OILS?
These are oils that are made from plants and designed to enhance your skin. The ingredients found within the oil blends are extracted from these parts of the plant:
Because our botanical oils are made from plants, the oils are a good source of vitamins, fatty acids and minerals.
WHY USE BOTANICAL OILS ON YOUR SKIN?
Botanical and vegetable oils are rich in fat-soluble vitamins, fatty acids and essential fatty acids that make them wonderfully biocompatible with the skin. They reduce water loss through the skin, thus improving hydration. Plus, they help maintain the skin’s barrier function and improve health, tone, moisture and elasticity. Botanical oils have these 3 main benefits:
✔️ Soothe the skin
✔️ Soften the skin
✔️ Are long-lasting
WHAT INGREDIENTS ARE FOUND IN BOTANICAL OILS?
Ingredients naturally found in plants! But you will also find these all-natural ingredients:
- Vitamin E - found in all of our oil blends and helps to protect the skin against environmental pollutants, assists with wound healing, enhances wound repair and provides support as a preservative.
- Vitamin C - found in the enmarie® Treasured Face Oil and the enmarie® Nurturing Neck and Decolletage Oil to promote collagen growth, tone and rejuvenation of the skin.
Each ingredient found in our enmarie® botanical oils is carefully selected to promote glowing, healthy skin and provide all-day-long hydration.
(You can find a full list of ingredients found in each oil under the “ingredients” tab of the specific oil on the product page.)
ARE FRAGRANCES ADDED TO THE BOTANICAL OILS?
No scent or fragrance is intentionally added to the oil blends. Botanical oils possess inherently gentle scents of their own. Sometimes these scents are earthy, nutty, floral or woodsy notes in their bouquets depending on the ingredients found within each unique oil.
There are 2 main reasons why we do not add fragrances to our botanical oils:
- To provide unscented blends for those who are sensitive to fragrances and as a result, may experience allergic symptoms.
- To the contrary, for those who would like to wear their own signature perfumes and do not want conflicting fragrances in their skincare products.
WHEN TO USE BOTANICAL OILS
We recommend using the enmarie® botanical oils after cleansing, showering or bathing.
(For the comprehensive enmarie® beauty experience, we suggest dry-skin brushing BEFORE showering or bathing to remove dry or dead skin. To learn more about dry brushing click here.)
HOW TO USE BOTANICAL OILS
1. Apply the oil directly on your skin with the dropper wand and rub-in thereafter. This is the most effective way to apply the oil to your skin.
2. Or, you can drop the oil into your hand and rub into your skin from there. * If you choose to place the oil in your hand, make sure you maintain the oil in your palm. When dispensing the oil into your hand, your natural tendency may be to shape your hands in the form of a cup. However, this can sometimes result in overflow and eventual spill of the oil. Try to avoid doing this and simply balance the oil in the palm of your hand.
However, if you hold your hand flat, you will find that your palm creates a natural dish to hold the perfect dime-size or even quarter-size amount of oil.
And now, you are ready to start or end your day!
HOW LONG DO THE OILS LAST?
Each of the botanical oils contain a minimal amount of preservatives. Thus, enmarie® botanical oils are best used within 3 months after opening.
FEATURED BOTANICAL OILS:
FEATURED BOTANICAL OIL COLLECTIONS:
We have a collection of 5 different botanical oils. Each oil blend contains a variety of ingredients, each selected to target specific areas of the skin.
FOR THE COMPREHENSIVE ENMARIE® BEAUTY EXPERIENCE:
The information on this website is not substitute for medical advice and is for educational purposes only. Please consult your health care practitioner before undertaking any health changes. Before applying anything on your body, please do a patch test with it first.